Hi;
I recently installed the newest version of E, I think 0.16.3-1.
Then tried a few of the themes from http://e.themes.org.
Everything was fine until using one of the DL'd themes.  The problem was that
mouse buttons would not respond on the desktop.
At this point I had to pull up the application bar (not sure about terminology,
but this the bar horizontally at the bottom of the screen), to use it, to exit
Gnome.  At this point from the command prompt I deleted the offending theme, and
logged on Gnome again it gave the message that the themes being used is not
correctly formed, an it went back to the default theme.
Now I noticed that the pager window had a border, like the border that was used
for the bad theme that I deleted.
Thinking that there may be a bug in the Gnome, I went to their sit and got the
newest Gnome installed.  Logged out, and back into Gnome.
The border around the pager still was there.  I switched to other themes, that I
had used and knew were good, to no avail.  The border was still there.  BTW, the
same border was around the icon box, but in this case when I closed, and then
recreated it the border disappeared.  I tried the same thing with the pager, but
it had no effect.
At this point after switching to an older themes that came with the first
version of E.  Logged off X(Gnome) deleted the directories under
/root/.enlightenment/themes, logged back on the border still was there.  Tried a
few other themes the border remained.
Now I uninstalled 0.16.3-1, then reinstalled, the boarder remained.
Although this by no means has any effect on anything else, on the way to
correcting it I am learning the basics of Linux OS.
Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any and all would be appreciated.

On an aside the help for E mentions that it is better to run the new E as the
session manger instead of Gnome, because it runs faster.  It has terse direction
as how to do this, which , because of being new to all this, I did not
understand.  If you have done this, would please give a few pointers?

Sorry for being long winded.

Thanks;
Masoud