We got the new name registered and all that, but Digex tells me

">Once the zone file is submitted, you'll need 'someone' to configure
>the www, email and any other servers and workstations to operate under the
>new domain name.  There is a lot of local admin for you to do on the LAN to
>support this change.  The only role we play in this support.. is to point
>traffic looking for a particular machine name, like
>www.BaltimoreCityCollege.org to the proper IP address.  Once traffic is
>routed there, it is the responsibility of that machine.. or that machine's
>admin, to have it prepared to handle the specific user request.. like.. load
>this page.. or deliver this message to this email user.  All of the local
>changes to email addresses, machine/workstation/server addresses  (names
>only.. not IP's) will need to be done by someone on site..

And guess who "someone on site" is, so...

Question 1: Our current website is some 1100+ pages referenced to the URL
http://knight.city.ba.k12.md.us/index.html, the new one is/will be
http://www.BaltimoreCityCollege.org/index.html - at the same IP address;
what do I have to do to make the server know this and display the website
when called by the new URL - and the old URL until people learn the new one??

Question 2: Our current 100 or so faculty email addresses are
[EMAIL PROTECTED] What do I have to do so they can receive
mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED] - and their old addresses
until people learn the new ones?

Thanks in advance. Again.
Liz Dunbar
Webmaster, Ad Hoc System Administrator
Baltimore City College ... Baltimore MD USA  ...
http://knight.city.ba.k12.md.us
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ... [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   And this is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a </html>