Hi,...

I am running Slackware 7.0 on a P166 with 64M ram and a 2 gig drive. I have
managed (with a little help from this list) to successfully install
XWindows, configure PNP, and attach to my LAN.

What I wish to do and am not sure of is this:-

Currently I use both Mdaemon and Wingate on my NT server as Mail Collection
and Proxy Server.

Is there any such software that will allow me to use Linux to perfrom the
same functions? I will be connecting via an external Veverything Courier
modem until my cable modem is installed.

I understand ( I think ) that Linux is ready to be a firewall/proxy server
pretty much 'out of the box' but I need to be able to do both on one
machine.

Any help, pointers, where to look, etc most gratefully accepted.

Cheers!