Hi,..

>I waited awhile to see if anyone else would reply to this, presumably
>someone more familiar with Windows software than I am. Since no one did ...
>you might want to try asking this question again, only a bit differently.
>This time, tell us what you want Linux to do, more specifically than
>"perform the same functions" as some (unfamiliar to me) Windows software.

Good point,...Sorry about that.

Mdaemon is a piece of software which collects/sends domainpop and pop3 mail
from/to the ISP. It stores it on the server until the client s/w asks for
the mail for that user. It is in effect performing the role of a post office
on a local lan. It has alias accounts, mailing lists, etc.

I wish to be able to move this function from the NT box to a Linux box but
do not know of any such similar software that is available.

Wingate acts as a proxy server allowing all pc's on the lan to surf the web
via a single modem/cable modem/DSL,..etc connection. It also can be set up
to perform the functions of a firewall, DHCP server, DNS, etc.

Again I wish to remove Wingate from the NT server and use Linux as a
proxy/firewall device.

Why am I changing something that works? I like Linux, it is more stable than
NT and as I travel away alot I need to know that I can retrieve my mail
remotely from a system that will be running.

I also need to be testing Win2K on the NT server,..( It's a work
thing,..sorry,..)

I hope this is a bit more informative,..

Cheers!