On Tue, 14 Mar 2000,  Rogers, Paul wrote about,  Moving a directory:
> Dear All
>
> I am using RH 6.0/2.2.14.
>
> I have an rpm which is trying to install itself in the directory /opt.
>  This directory is part of the root (/) partition.  However there is not
> enough room on this partition to carry out the install.
>
> If I were to add another HDD and create a partition on it, could I then
> delete the existing opt directory and mount the new partition as /opt?
>
> Is it really this simple?

Basicly yes, but not just by partitioning, you will need to create a
filesystem as well, mke2fs will do that for you.

Add the drive, partition it with fdisk, then basicly;
mke2fs /dev/hdxx
Where xx is the drive device name, you are advised to read ;
man mke2fs first.
Edit /etc/fstab
/dev/hdxx  /opt  ext2  defaults 1 1
empty the /opt directory and type
mount /opt

Upon a reboot the drive will be mounted automaticly.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]