Go to lilo.conf, /etc in RH 6.1, and change the "default=" line.  To change
the time change the line "timeout=".  Time is in 1/10 seconds (did I say that
right?), 10 = 1 second, 50 = 5 seconds, 100 = 10 seconds, ...

After you have made the changes I believe you need to activate them by typing
"lilo" but I'm not 100% on that.

Darth Buck.