On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 09:20:36PM -0500, Karthik Vishwanath wrote:
> I just realised that getting wine installed is a godsend for me. I coould
> not access www.winehq.com and the other sites have a tarball and a
> diff.gz file. I am unsure about what the diff means and how to use it.
> Can someone please point out how I must go about installing wine once I
> have the files Wine-20000109.tar.gz and  Wine-20000109.diff.gz
> downloaded?

        diff is a way of distributing differences between two versions
        of source. I reckon the diff is the differences between 200000109
        and 200000108(or whatever the previous release was...).. However,
        being march now, 200000109 probably isn't current (I'm not sure, I
        don't keep up with wine at all)...

        I'll leave wine installation to Lawson, since he's done it :-)

        But I will also strike a blow for laziness, and point out you
        can grab a (caldera) rpm for wine here:

        ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/openlinux/contrib/RPMS/libc6/wine-20000119-1.i386.rpm
        But I'm pretty sure it'll install ok on a RH box... pretty much
        all distributions ( except teh ones that aren't) are using
        glibc 2.1 these days, so there's binary compatibility...

have fun,

greg

--
dronf!