On Mon, 12 Jun 2000,  Samuel E. Clark wrote about,  :
> Ok,
>
> Here is a really dumb question.
>
> For some reason(user error) when I installed Storm Linux 2000 it didn't
> install Netscape like it was suppose to.  I have it on another CD but I
> tried installing it and my naivety showed through.  I don't even know how
> to install programs off of a CD or the internet.

In what way did Storm not install netscape propery.??
Does the command
whereis netscape return something like;
netscape: /usr/bin/netscape /usr/lib/netscape ??

I dont know how Storm linux works, is it to be compared to another more
popular system, ie Redhat or Debian,?

There are many ways of installing programs on a linux system, the best way
is to read you documentation which comes with the archive you want to
install.

I for one use Slackware, i install by hand, archives i obtain are xxx.tar.gz
An example is;
cd /usr/local/src
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
tar xzf xxx.tar.gz
cd to the directory which has just been crated by tar, and read the
documentation, ie, README and INSTALL should tell you what to do.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]