Marc, I just attempted to upgrade my Mandrake from 6.5 to 7.0, and guess what eneded
up on my system in the end?  I did not like the 7.0 install at all.  The graphical
instal looked great, but failed to give me mouse control until the system rebooted.
This would not have been a problem, except that there was a scroll box of info. at the
bottom of the screen that was inaccessible w/o a mouse.  You do have the option of a
text-based install by typing "linux text" at the CD-ROM boot prompt, however in the
end it still did not go well.  I tried a fresh install on my second hard drive, where
6.5 had resided just fine, and worked successfully w/ Boot Magic, however, when I
attempted to boot, LILO died, and the only way I was able to get linux to booot was
from a floppy (Yeach!).  Ultimately, was much happier with the older version.  Just a
few thoughts!

Allen Linkenhoker