[resolved data truncated =)]
>> And a third, unrelated, question: I just found an address in my address file
>> that I've never seen before: [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the recent message
>'1'
>>  which cannot be found by my email program. -hmmm, strange, and a bit
>disturbing
>>  too, or maybe not? There's no apparent reason why anyone should bother with
>my
>> computer. Or is there?
>>

>Your data is not the only reason for someone to be interested in your
>machine. It could in some circumstances serve as a facade for other,
>malicious people, thus covering their track. You tell nothing about your
>machine's server status, I don't know mr. Nobody, and generally am not
>familiar with these things, so...

My machine is not set up as a server or anything like that. I've not specified
any allowable access in linuxconf. Artie Ball suggested that 'nobody' is
probably
just my Samba user, but I think if it were from Samba then the address would
be [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is still my computer's address. This
realization worries me a bit. Is there any program I can run or checks I
can do to find out if my computer's been compromized? Also, what sort of
information should I _not_ give over mailing lists like this?

takcq.
dns.