On Tue, 27 Jun 2000,  Steven wrote about,  PLIP:

> I've done this over and over and the result is always
> the same.  I have reached the conclusion that the
> parallel ports of those two computers are not fully
> PLIP-capable.  Although they work very well with
> intersvr/interlnk, they are unable to work with PLIP.
>
> My questions is:  Is there a different PLIP module or
> parameter which will make PLIP behave more like intersvr/
> interlnk?
>
> I have read the PLIP-HOWTO and there is a reference
> to some parallel ports which transmit data but do
> not receive.  In this case the PLIP-HOWTO suggests:
> Try PLIP mode 0.  Alas I do not know how to do it and/or
> if it works or is still available in the last kernels."

Have you tryed different BIOS settings (if your BIOS) has parallel port
config options.

One thing i noticed is that if the system is booted and the "lp" module
gets loaded first, then my systems did not work either.
Starting linux without loading lp helped but NOT all of the time, why i
dont know.

I do have a web page on PLIP, but considering you have seemingly done all
the correct things i dont think you will gain much by reading it.

> Not very helpful, is it?  Perhaps one of you guys can
> shed some light on this one.

Very well explained i belive, i know the problem, its just off hand i have
no concrete answer, i have experianced the same problems.

I cant promise, but if i get time later on today i will see if i can
simulate the problem here.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]