Karthik Vishwanath wrote:

> I telnet to two machines and these machines are my mail servers (for two
> accounts). I have to keep switching to these xterms to check if I have
> new mail. Is it possible for me to set something up so that I get a
> notification so that I know I have new mail and I need not keep switching
> to the "mail desktops"? I use pine on both and I run RH 6.1 on my local
> machine.

<snip>

If you don't mind gathering all those mail, fetchmail is your answer.
If you mind, then there are biff clones out there that can check
multiple mail boxes (provided they are local, e.g. NFS mount them, POP3
or IMAP).

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)