[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Have you added a mouse since it last worked?

No. I haven't added anything.

>  A mouse on ttyS0 or ttyS2
> would make a nice IRQ conflict.  ttyS0 seems to me to be an odd place to
> be putting an internal modem.  It is just begging for conflicts with the
> builtin serial ports.  True not all boxen have builtin ports, but a
> modem manufacturer would have to be crazy to set that as a default.
>
> You might try "setserial -g /dev/ttyS[0-3]" and see what it finds.
> "cat /proc/interrupts", "minicom -s", "ls -l /dev/modem"... all kinds of
> things you can try.

Thanks. I'll try that.

>  You're not helpless, are you?

No I'm not helpless. Just new to linux. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid
question to you.

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Steven Ackerman wrote:
>
> > Greetings and thanks to all who helped with my previous mount/reinstall
> > problem. I have now successfully moved my files and reinstalled Red Hat
> > 6.1 using the KDE workstation option.
> >
> > I have an internal USR (now 3com) 33.6 modem. I have setup kppp however
> > it cannot detect my modem. I believe the exact error message is "Can't
> > find modem". The modem is on com1 IRQ4 in Windows, I believe that is
> > ttyS0 in Linux.
> >
> > This worked fine when I originally installed RH using the gnome desktop
> > option. I did not have to use setserial and all that kind of stuff that
> > the modem how-to refers to.
> >
> > When I start minicom it hangs. Looks like an IRQ conflict, however,
> this
> > same machine, without configuration, worked fine with a default install
> > previously. Any suggestions?
> >
> > -Steve
> >
> Lawson
>
> For the man who rises early is a man whose life is lost.
> He will never know what he has missed till he's counted up the cost.
> It's too late to put eggs in the nest when the bird's already flown.
> If you're known as an early riser you can sleep till the cows com home.
>
>                             - Robbie O'Connell

> Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
begin:vcard
n:Ackerman;Steven
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
note;quoted-printable:This electronic email message together with any attachments is=0D=0Aconfidential. If you are not the intended recipient please reply =0D=0Aimmediately and destroy the message. You may not print, copy,=0D=0Adisclose or use the contents in any way.
fn:Steven Ackerman
end:vcard