On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 03:58:22PM +0200, Linux Maillist user wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 01:25:31PM +0200, Linux Maillist user wrote:

> >     RedHat:

> >     /sbin/clock -w

> >     (Writes the current date and time to the CMOS)

> There must be a way with the 'date' command. That's the way
> I wanted to do it. Anyway, I do not have ntpdate.

        So you have to use two commands instead of one.  Big deal.
Run date first and then run clock.  What gave you the idea that "date"
would set the CMOS clock?  I can't find anything in my man pages on date
that implies that.

        Just run this:

        date 070310172000 ; /sbin/clock -w

        There, you've got it.  All on one line.  /;->

        ntpdate is in the xntp package.  It doesn't get installed by
default but it IS on the install media.

> --Jesse

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/