Ray Olszewski wrote:
<snip>
> That said ... does anybody know of any other MUA that can be configured the
> way Steve describes here? Or is this a feature unique to Gnus (if so, I find
> it hard to accept the characterization that all the MUAs in the world except
> for one are "broken")?

mutt can do this.  It's what I use, and have been very staisfied.  There's a
little bit of configuring that needs to take place before it can do it, but
it's easy to do.  It goes like this:

1) In your ~/.muttrc tell mutt what
lists you are subbed to.  That portion of mine looks like this: lists
debian-user debian-hams linux-newbie linux-hams suzuki-bikes \
      suzuki-l suzuki-gs-twin piclist uclinux gnupic linux-assembly \

      wvuarc debian-laptop grip-users
(There are a few other config options that pertain to lists, but this is the
most important one.  The mutt docs are actually quite good in explaining the
various options.)

2) Once you have the lists concerned in your ~/.muttrc, to send a reply to
just that list, hit L (yes, that *is* a capital l - it's case-sensitive) and
the reply will be generated with the To: showing the list address.

And that's all there is to it.  Granted, it's a little more to do when you
sub to a new list.  However, for some one that uses lists a *lot* - like me
- and for someone who prefers to send their reply to just the list - again,
like me - then this capability is well worth the small added effort
required.

Another thing I *really* like about mutt is that you can tell it what editor
you want to use for composing messages.  Again, that's configurable in the
~/.muttrc
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.