Warning:  I am a newbie, but I will tell you how my system is set up.

DSL supplied by US West
router is the free Cisco 675 "required by them"
1 static IP supplied by my ISP "not US Worst"
the router is NOT in bridging mode
I use set nat entry add for ports on the one static IP
for example:
your_static_IP 80  IP_linux_box 80 tcp
your_static_IP 21  IP_FTP_box 21 tcp

Each machine "10.0.0.5" and the router "10.0.0.1" must have an individual IP
address and the same subnet. Call your ISP and or phone company and ask them
if they support networks, if they don't you'll be on your own.  I have found
you get more with a smaller ISP, but call the tech support first.

If you only have a dynamic IP you could do the same thing but when they
refresh the IP's you'll be unreachable from the outside until you change the
example above.  Just do a traceroute and get the new IP and yer laugh'n!

Cable modem - never did it, but AT&T forbids serving pages via your
connection so ask first!  In Seattle they over sold the service and are
tight on band width.

Tim...