You want to set up your BIND to do two things (on the LAN) --

        1. be authoritative for the zone "fakedomain.lan"

        2. resolve all external addresses, using either a forwarder
                (the ISP's nameserver) or the rootnameservers.

To do the first, add to named.conf entries similar to this:

// add entries for other zones below here
zone "fakedomain.lan"
        {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/fakedomain.lan";
        };

zone "1.168.192.in-addr.arpa"
        {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/reverse.192.168.1";
        }

        You then need to create the zone files themselves, but that's
standard BIND stuff, same as for any domain.

To do the second ... it depends on which way you want to do it. To use
forwarders, either add a forwarders section or uncomment the one in the
sample named.conf, in either case using the values the ISP provided, as follows

forwarders
        {
        204.156.128.1;
        204.156.128.10;
        };

To use the root servers, just make sure this part of the sample file (and
the file it points to) is present:

// prime the server with knowledge of the root servers
zone "." {
 type hint;
 file "/etc/bind/db.root";
};

I hope this is enough to get you started. If you have other, specific
questions, or if I misunderstood what you were asking, please don't hesitate
to post a follow up. I don't understand what your comment about dynamic
address sasignment on the external interface has to do with this problem,
for example.

PS - I almost missed your request for a CC ro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. A better way
to ask for this is to CC that address on your own message; then a
"reply-to-all" will pick the address up.