On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> I keep finding in my home directory a file called "Core", with a dangerous
> looking icon  ;-)
>
> The satus bar tell me its a "core dump"; what's its use ?  Can it be deleted
> safely ?  How does it come here ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
=============================
A "core dump" is a file left by a "crashed" program that would allow
someone who knows what they're doing (not me, hehehehe) to figure out
what might have gone wrong.  If you're not sure what it is, my guess
is that it would be of little use to me (or me ;o) ).  You can safely
delete such files.
HTH,
Mike
--
"Many loads of beer were brought.  What disorder, whoring, fighting, killing
and dreadful idolatry took place there!"