On 01/15/2014 05:51 PM, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:27:21 +0200
Jyri Sarha <jsa...@ti.com> wrote:

  From driver/gpu/drm/i2c/tda998x_drv.c. The driver configures CTS_N
register statically to a value that works only with 4 byte samples.
According to my tests it is possible to support 3 and 2 byte samples too
by changing the CTS_N register value, but I am not sure if the
configuration can be changed on the fly. My data sheet of the nxp chip
is very vague about the register definitions, but I suppose the register
configures some clock divider on the chip. HDMI supports only upto 24bit
audio and the data sheet states that any extraneous least significant
bits are ignored.

In the tda998x driver, the CTS_N is automatic (AIP_CNTRL_0_ACR_MAN is
not set).

Then, in my Cubox (Marvell A510 + tda19988), the 16, 24 and 32 bits
formats are working well with I2S input at any rate.

Could you refer the kernel version (main line?) and the involved ASoC drivers so could take I a look if there is something I could do differently?

Best regards,
Jyri