On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Nishanth Menon <n...@ti.com> wrote:
> On 04/23/2014 08:01 AM, Linus Walleij wrote:

>> What about this:
>>
>> if (chip->irq_default_type != IRQ_TYPE_NONE)
>>     irq_set_irq_type(irq, chip->irq_default_type);
>>
>> This way you can pass IRQ_TYPE_NONE and nothing happens in
>> the mapping.
>
> What if these drivers depend on IRQ_TYPE_NONE to do something for the
> GPIO pins?

Yeah :-(

> would you expect these drivers to pass IRQ_TYPE_DEFAULT?

Actually that sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can go over the few
drivers that pass IRQ_TYPE_NONE and see what they actually want.
There are not *too* many users of this call yet.

> OR I wonder
> if we could pass some flag like -1 for platforms that dont care?

The flags parameter to gpiochip_irqchip_add() is unsigned...
Switching to IRQ_TYPE_DEFAULT for drivers that want this is likely
the sane thing to do.

Yours,
Linus Walleij