Moikka,

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 01:42:18PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Ash Charles <ashchar...@gmail.com> [150106 12:45]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm playing with the Caspa camera (mt9v032) and Overo on the 3.17
> > kernel.  It looks like there has been some work on dt-bindings for the
> > omap3isp (notably [1] and [2]) but I didn't see anything heading for
> > mainline.
> >
> > What would be needed to support cameras using the omap3isp in a mainline
> > kernel?
>
> No idea about the camera, but at least the legacy omap DMA calls need
> to be replaced or removed as the legacy DMA API will go away soon.

OMAP DMA is only used by the histogram block which can cope with PIO as well
--- I think there at least was a #define for it. That's not a reason not to
convert it however, it's just not as urgent it otherwise might be. I wonder
if someone has patches for that already.

Cc Laurent.

--
Terveisin,

Sakari Ailus