Thanks for the hints.

I tried the suggested branch adding omap3isp data to the Overo device
tree and device tree bindings for the mt9v032 device.  I needed to
manually modprobe omap3-isp but the camera was registered and I was
able to use media-ctl to manipulate the v4l2 pipeline.  I wasn't able
to stream as v4l2 was reporting "inappropriate ioctl"----old driver
perhaps?

I also tried changing the #define HIST_CONFIG_DMA 0 such that the
histogram block uses PIO instead of using the deprecated
omap_request_dma.  I saw basically the same behaviour.  What would be
the correct/modern way to use DMA here?

--Ash