Some are is needed around USB host domain handling.  There are a couple errata
impacting different chip revs.

Today in the older TI reference code this condition of a stuck on power domain
does not happen.  However, we are using a software supervised method to disable
the power domain.  May be this code has a bug or the hardware does around auto
use for this domain.

You will want TLL or host SAR activated to minimally work around a possible
false cold reset issue.  There is a window coming back from OFF where a reset
will be thrown.  Enabling SAR conclusively moves the internal window so there
is no danger.  The error is fairly easily seen so if you start taking resets
know this is likely the root cause.

What Rev of CPU is the issue occurring on?

The USBTLL SAR in 3.0 and before silicon will case a deadlock on 2nd sleep
attempt.  On 3.1 and after its fixed.

Regards,
Richard W.