> > couple errata impacting different chip revs.
> >
> > Today in the older TI reference code this condition of a stuck on
> > power domain does not happen.  However, we are using a software
> > supervised method to disable the power domain.  May be this code has a
> > bug or the hardware does around auto use for this domain.
>
> Yes, usb-host autoidle was enabled when I was digging this issue.

Host domain?  (not host module).

> > The USBTLL SAR in 3.0 and before silicon will case a deadlock on 2nd
> > sleep attempt.  On 3.1 and after its fixed.
>
> So ES3.0 devices are exposed to the cold reset issue (since USBTLL SAR
> is only enabled in ES3.1). Would you suspect that we can enable USB host
> SAR, if the AUTOIDLE is turned off? Then we would not need this patch.

For 3.0 we used a software sar if ohci was in use.  For ehci its not good
enough as there is state not accessible by software.

Not as you wrote. I was thinking you need to try to go to idle using
CM_CLKSTCTRL_USBHOST = 1.  Not at 0x3 and then waiting for a dependent event to
trigger you.  Once your preconditions are met you can initiate and idle ack
sequence.

Regards,
Richard W.