> >>While we are at it, this new mapping could do
> >> PROC_ReserveMemory at the same time so that the user-space application
> >> doesn't get a chance to modify the pa.
> >>
> > -- What does PROC_ReserveMemory has to do with pa ?
>
> Sorry, I don't know what kind of address PROC_ReserveMemory returns
> (va?), but I don't see any point in having PROC_ReserveMemory and
> PROC_Map as separate ioctls

-- The purpose of PROC_ReserveMemory is for the Bridge clients to grab DSP VA
memory one time and use the PROC_MapMemory to map the address within this
reserved memory. So, in a way with proper usage of PROC_ReserveMemory, it
should be called only one time and subsequent Map/Unmaps from a client should
happen within this memory region. By following this, you can eliminate the
overhead of calling redundant reserve/unreserve calls that go into the driver.

Thank you,
Best regards,
Hari