* Russell King - ARM Linux <li...@arm.linux.org.uk> [090531 14:25]:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 03:42:37PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Russell King - ARM Linux <li...@arm.linux.org.uk> [090428 15:07]:
> > > Tony, et.al.,
> > >
> > > Any ideas when more LDP support will be pushed into mainline (such as
> > > the framebuffer support)?
> >
> > I'll be looking at the board-*.c patches for the next merge window
> > hopefully this week or next week.
> >
> > Looks like LDP keyboard, touchscreen & RTC are pretty much ready
> > to go. Then the MMC has some regulator updates, but AFAIK the MMC
> > should work OK already.
> >
> > For the framebuffer, Imre and Tomi know the status the best, so
> > I've added them to Cc.
> >
> > Imre has been meaning to send a bunch of drivers/video/omap changes
> > to the fbdev list for a while now and LDP framebuffer may depend on
> > those. Imre, any news on the status of sending the fb patches
> > upstream?
> >
> > Then there are the upcoming DSS patches from Tomi, but those still
> > need some work before they're ready to go.
>
> Okay, now that I've merged your tree, we've moved a few steps forward but
> a couple of steps backward with LDP support:
>
> 1. LDP LCD platform device added
> 2. GPIO keyboard platform data added
> 3. TWL4030 keyboard platform data added
> 4. TSC2046 touchscreen platform data added
> 5. MMC has regressed - no sign of the driver initializing, not even an
>    error message from it, so I can't boot to check what the status of
>    these are.

Do you have CONFIG_REGULATOR set in your .config? That seems to be missing
from arch/arm/configs/omap_ldp_defconfig.

> 6. do ___NOT___ (underscored in triplicate and 500ft high letters) enable
>    ARM errata 460075 - it solidly prevents the kernel booting on LDP.
>    (it's taken many hours to debug that.)
>
> However, things that still seem to be missing:
>
> 1. GPIO keyboard (presumably) needs to be enabled in omap_ldp_defconfig

Anybody with an LDP care to update the omap_ldp_defconfig? No LDP here.

> 2. No TWL4030 keyboard driver merged (not even in linux-next)
> 3. No LDP LCD driver merged
> 4. No OMAP3 video driver

For 3 & 4, I know Imre has the patches ready to go.. Imre, have they been
posted to the fb list?

> 5. No sound?

This could be pretty easy now with the ASoC driver, anybody seen a driver
fro this?

> Any ideas what's happening with these?  Will they make the next merge
> window (which is possibly about a week away) - I guess not. :(

Well sounds like the defconfig fixes, keyboard, and fb updates still have
a chance to get in.

Tony