Jarkko Nikula wrote:
Hmm, recall, did you try hacking the ASoC driver at the same commit
d8376cc482b241701f7606c81ad578b90853e175 where older driver still
exists and works? There has been ASoC OMAP fixes and changes since
then but nothing which can explain why it doesn't work now for 1510.

There we would know that clock framework, register access etc. works for
McBSP on 1510.

Yes, after realizing that possible lack of OMAP1510 McBSP1/3 / DSP support in the mainline tree could be the reason of my problem, I got back to omap tree. First I retried the new driver on commit 90e758af52ba803cba233fabee81176d99589f09 and confirmed the prevoiusly seen hangup. I found that it was omap_mcbsp_request() never returning back from.

Then I retired the same on the commit d8376cc482b241701f7606c81ad578b90853e175 and got similiar hangup. Next, I moved mcbsp initialization to a boot time hook and finally heard a sound and got my first DMA interrupt!

So it seams I have finally managed to take all necessary steps back, and now I can go forward, I hope :).

Thanks,
Janusz