Hey Ernesto,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 09:24:15PM +0200, ext Ramos Falcon, Ernesto wrote:
> >This patch seems to be doing a lot of things. Couldn't it have been
> >split?
> >
> >Also, from the commit message it seems to implement a new feature,
> >however, I heard it's supposed to fix memory corruption too. Is that
> >true? If that's the case the code that fixes that would have to be
> >separate.
> >
> >I understand this patch was already pushed to dspbridge branch, but I
> >think such important changes should be properly recorded in the
> >history.
>
> I agree important changes must be properly recorded but in this case
> the patch introduces only one new feature and because of the way that
> it is implemented using gpt8 overflow interrupt instead of mailbox to
> inform about the MMU Fault, the problem of the memory corruption was
> fixed indirectly, however these changes are part of the feature design
> itself and I don't see the need to split this new feature.

In general, logically independent changes should end up as separate
patches. Many times it looks like a patch cannot be split further, but
with a little bit of creativity it usually can.

I can think of one patch that switches to gpt8 overflow, and another one
that actually shows the extra information.

Anyway, I ask because we found some issues with the latest commits of
dspbridge, and I would like to isolate the memory corruption fix just to
be safe.

Also, from that description it looks like there might be still a problem
in the mailbox that is hidded by this patch... so it's more like a
workaround, not really a fix.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras