On 9/9/2010 7:47 AM, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
On 9/9/2010 2:07 PM, Balbi, Felipe wrote:
Hi Santosh,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 07:02:46AM -0500, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
Felipe is suggesting not to add this support where as you want to
have this support.

Sorry if I haven't understood the comment. Care to clarify

no, I suggested not to revert :-) So, just change the comment saying why
you need that extra check and remove the "this patch should be reverted
later" part :-)

We are fully aligned. On the other hand if the number of buggy devices
is very limited and not available outside TI, we'd better drop that
patch. But I'm afraid it is not the case :-(

I believe that just this week we had a case of a "buggy device" turning up on one of our customer's blaze boards that was upgraded to ES2.0 but appeared to be ES1.0. So this patch is good to have in the mainline.

Cheers
Jon