* Tony Lindgren <[email protected]> [101204 19:00]:
> * Nicolas Pitre <[email protected]> [101204 18:26]:
> > On Sat, 4 Dec 2010, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > My only problem with your approach is the global addition of 
> > asm_irq_base and asm_irq_flags in generic code which might not be useful 
> > and/or appropriate for all targets.  If you were confining them to some 
> > OMAP specific file then I wouldn't mind as much.  Looking at the patch I 
> > see that you had omap_irq_base before.  Why wasn't that sufficient?  
> > Only omap_irq_flags would be missing.
> 
> I guess I was thinking this is something that might help others
> to build more machines into one defconfig. If that's not the case,
> sure these can be kept omap specific.
> 
> After a quick browsing of the entry-macro.S files, looks like
> there's some similar ifdeffery for get_irqnr_* macros that just might
> be possible to clear out with asm_irq_base and asm_irq_flags:
> 
> arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/entry-macro.S
> arch/arm/mach-s5p64x0/include/mach/entry-macro.S
> arch/arm/mach-ixp4xx/include/mach/entry-macro.S
> arch/arm/mach-h720x/include/mach/entry-macro.S
> arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/entry-macro.S
> 
> Maybe let's wait a while to see if there are other use cases,
> if not, I'll make them omap specific.

OK, no other people interested, will post the omap specific
versions as a reply to this message.

Regards,

Tony
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in
the body of a message to [email protected]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Reply via email to