Mike,

sh -x PER610_BIOS_LX_1.3.6.BIN

>  R710
>  sh PER710_BIOS_LX_1.3.6.BIN

sh -x PER710_BIOS_LX_1.3.6.BIN

>  Collecting inventory...
>  .
>  Running validation...
>
>  BIOS
>
>  The version of this Update Package is newer than the
>  currently installed version.
>  Software application name: BIOS
>  Package version: 1.3.6
>  Installed version: 1.0.4
>

>  Continue? Y/N:Y
>  Executing update...
>  WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL
>  PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
>  THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE!
>  .
>  The update failed to complete
>

>  The message "failed to complete" happens very quickly after
>  answering Y to continue.
>
>  Is there a way to  increase the verbosity to get a better
>  idea of why this update is failing?

It is likely failing OS validation (CEntOS).  You can get the script
output by using 'sh -x <FILE>.BIN' and it might give you a better idea.

--
Rayford Johnson     RHCA    Complex Systems Technical Support Consultant
Enterprise Expert Center   Dell Services   http://www.dell.com/services/