Yeah, with srvadmin-all.  Fresh install on both R710 and 1950.

[r...@testbox ~]# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

[r...@testbox ~]# omreport chassis info
Error! Chassis info setting unavailable on this system.

etc..

from our kickstart post-reboot script:

yum -y install srvadmin-all
/usr/bin/srvadmin-services.sh start

after we do that, we install Dell firmware upgrades and do a yum update.
   I wonder if maybe one of those breaks it?