Datum: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:10:01 -0300
Von: Fabio Catunda <fcatu...@contactnet.com.br>
An: linux-poweredge@dell.com
Betreff: Re: Hot disk change.

Tino and Jens,

# fdisk -l (with comments about what is what)
/dev/sda1 1 243 1951866 82 Linux swap / Solaris (SWAP)
/dev/sda2   *         244         729     3903795   83  Linux (/boot)
/dev/sda3             730        3161    19535040   83  Linux (/)
/dev/sda4            3162       30318   218138602+  83  Linux (/var)

I'm not that worried with the partition table because I can just delete the partition, create it again with the new size and use resize2fs to resize the file system. Usually I do that with virtual machines and it works, shouldn't be different with a real hardware, right!?

I'm really worried to know it Linux would be able to read the old disk connected on a different SATA port.

Cupertino, I got worried with your solution because I don't know is I can expand the virtual disk and things like that, I don't have much expertise with RAID controllers. And if something goes wrong (read: if I make something wrong), I will loose everything. I do have backup and everything, but I prefer a short downtime.

Thanks again.

Fábio Catunda.

Tino Schwarze wrote:
Hi Fabio,

do you have some kind of LVM or other means of volume management in
place? What's your partition setup like? Please post output of
df -h.

Tino.