Dne Út 2. února 2016 16:58:06, Rich Sudlow napsal(a):
> On 02/02/2016 04:49 PM, sal...@albatani.cz wrote:

> >> I would not use a 1.5 Gbps drive - we've had good luck replacing drives
> >> in
> >> our R510 with generic off the shelf drives - selecting drives through
> >> govconnection - e.g. drive size and 3 Gbps - another alternative is to
> >> replace your Hitachi disk with a used one from Amazon/ebay. Although
> >> realize this option may provide you with a drive with a lot of hours on
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Rich
> >
> > Thank you for your response - the generic off the shelf drives experience
> > gives me hope. We will try to use a brand new WD RE4 drive and cross our
> > fingers.
> I was very much like that when we started using non Dell disks too.
>
> Actually we recently just upgraded all 2 TB drives to 6 TB drives ...it's
> been running for 2 - 3 months now without problems - then we used the
> 2 TB drives as replacements on the other 25 R510 servers.

It looks the replacement went without problems and the speed of the virtual
disk rebuild was impressive running at 6Gbps. We will probably go your way and
replace at least in this server all disks with 6Gbps ones and probably witth
the 6TB ones as well.

Is it normal that the disk status is Non-Critical? Is it because of the disk
being not Dell certified?

David