Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:54:25 -0500
From: Henrik Schmiediche
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] PE R620, DSU and USB issue
To: Linux-PowerEdge@dell.com

We are running PowerEdge Server R620 with CentOS 7. When using DSU all
components, we get the error message in regards to USB not being enabled:

* Inventory Failure: USB is not enabled. Please enable USB and try
update again*

Except USB are enabled in the BIOS. How do I fix this?

The issues appears to be in the OS Collector.

[*]9 OS Collector
Current Version : 0 Upgrade to : OSC_1.1

Everything else updated(d) just fine.

Regards,
- Henrik

]# dsu --non-interactive
Verifying catalog installation ...
Installing catalog from repository ...
Verifying inventory collector installation ...
Getting System Inventory...
Determining Applicable Updates...
Installing Diagnostics_Application_5W2KP_LN64_OSC_1.1_X10-00...
Collecting inventory...
Inventory Failure: USB is not enabled. Please enable USB and try update again