Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 07:02:36 -0500
From: "Robert Jacobson" <teri...@gmail.com>
To: <linux-poweredge@dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] check_openmanage and OMSA 9.1.0

FWIW, I ran into a similar error on an ancient PE2950 with a PERC 5/I
controller.  But on my server, it was the CMOS Battery presence detection that
failed with OMSA 9.1.0.  Reverting to OMSA 8.5.0 fixed the problem.

# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_openmanage -d
   System:      PowerEdge 2950 II        OMSA version:    9.1.0
   ServiceTag:  xxxxxxx                  Plugin version:  3.7.12
   BIOS/date:   2.7.0 10/30/2010         Checking mode:   local
[...]
CRITICAL |    0 | Battery probe 0 [System Board CMOS Battery] is Absent

# /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_openmanage -d
   System:      PowerEdge 2950 II        OMSA version:    8.5.0
   ServiceTag:  xxxxxxx                  Plugin version:  3.7.12
   BIOS/date:   2.7.0 10/30/2010         Checking mode:   local
[...]
      OK |    0 | Battery probe 0 [System Board CMOS Battery] is Good