Once upon a time, Peter Holl <peter.h...@pnsensor.de> said:
> after updating from Java 8/162 to 8/171 I can't connect to the
> console using the Virutual Console Client (i.e, by opening the
> downloaded viewer.jnlp).

I just tried an R610 with DRAC 2.90 from Fedora Linux with OpenJDK
1.8.0.171 and IcedTea-Web 1.7.1, and it worked for me.

IIRC there is some Java applet cache somewhere that can get screwed up,
keep old versions, or something like that - might dig around to see if
clearing that helps.  I seem to remember having a similar problem to
what you describe after a Fedora update, and cleaning that up helped.

--
Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net>