I've seen a program called xlogmoitor
(http://members.xoom.com/chaosmaker/linux/), and The Monitor
(ftp://hem.passagen.se/osk/) on freshmeat, these may be able to help.

Al.

"Chris J. Magnuson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/11/98 11:42:43

To:   Stefan Krister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (bcc: Al Sutton/CHASE)
Subject:  Re: ICP Vortex Question

>Chris J. Magnuson wrote:
>>
>> scan /var/log/messages
>
>Thank you. Do you have more information, how to scan a large
>/var/log/messages (up to 50 MBytes) every minute? Or is there a way
>via syslog to react on specific messages?

I'm in the same place as you right now, trying to figure out how to scan
the log for GDT HA messages periodically.  SNMP traps would be so much
nicer....

whine whine!

This is a high priority for me because I've already had a disk fail.
Fujitsu is evil, or at least the vendor I bought the disks from
www.harddrive.com is evil.  3 of 4 new disks failing?  Come on....

Chris