Hi,

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:59:04 +0100, Luca Berra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>> > freeze the log, backup, unfreeze like vxfs (Veritas) does
>>
>> A lfs does make this easier, yes, but there are other ways to do it.  In
>> particular, you can achieve the same effect at the block device level if
>> you want to.

> sure, i just tought that doing it at the fs level would be easier

With an LFS, snapshots are almost trivial.  With any other form of
structure, it's usually easier to do it at the device level, although
there are benefits from having it interact with the filesystem
allocation policies.

>> writing a journaling extension to ext2, but it's very different from a
> any chance of having some code to alpha/beta test?

All in good time.  *I* won't be able to start actual testing until later
this week. :)

--Stephen