> I've been trying to set up a raid0 and raid1  array  on a sparc linux
> box. I was able to build raidtools 0.41 and can initialize the array for
>
> raid1. Every time I go to mdadd the devices I get the /dev/md0: Invalid
> argument for the madd , or mdrun command. I rebuild the raidtools and
> did the make install_dev at least twice. No change. I retryed on a SS5
> running  kernel rls 2.1.127 and 2.0.35 ,  a little bit better. the error

Just to make sure, are you using sun disklabels? If yes, then you have to
make sure the sdb1 and sdc1 partitions don't start at cylinder 0, as
raidtools don't leave space at the beginning like ext2/new
swap/ufs/isofs/..., so you can smash your partition tables...

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
Ultralinux - first 64bit OS to take full power of the UltraSparc
Linux version 2.1.128 on a sparc64 machine (498.80 BogoMips).