I've been trying to set up a raid0 and raid1  array  on a sparc linux
box. I was able to build raidtools 0.41 and can initialize the array for

raid1. Every time I go to mdadd the devices I get the /dev/md0: Invalid
argument for the madd , or mdrun command. I rebuild the raidtools and
did the make install_dev at least twice. No change. I retryed on a SS5
running  kernel rls 2.1.127 and 2.0.35 ,  a little bit better. the error

messages is /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1  busy. Do you have any clues to what is
going on?
Also is their some  detailed information to  all of the options
available with the  raidtools-0.50 raidstart? The man pages on gives
syntax but no good options.

************************** machines ********************
Sparc 5 96 mb ram
2.1 gig disk /dev/sda
2        1 gig disks attempted at raid 0 and 1 /dev/sdb1   /dev/sdc1

here is a copy of some errors

************************************** cut here ******************
eth0: Carrier Lost, trying AUI
eth0: Carrier Lost, trying TPE
eth0: Carrier Lost, trying AUI
eth0: Carrier Lost, trying TPE
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.
md_add(): zero device size, huh, bailing out.

Nov 15 20:26:35 compiler kernel: md_add(): zero device size, huh,
bailing out.
Nov 15 20:26:55 compiler last message repeated 5 times
# mdtab entry for /dev/md1
/dev/md1 raid1,8k,0,5cf83e3d /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1

# Sample raid-1 configuration
raiddev   /dev/md0
raid-level  1
nr-raid-disks  2