raid0145-19981214-2.0.36.gz
raidtools-19981214-0.90.tar.gz

4 x 10 gig maxtor IDE drives...

I can't seem to do anything with my hdc1 partition.... I keep getting:

fs_may_mount: found busy/dirty/locked inode: device 00:00, inode 116,
mode=00000000, count=1, i_dirt=0, i_lock=0

md: can not import hdc1, has active inodes!
could not import hdc1!
autostart hdc1 failed!

the fs_may_mount line is my hack to the kernel...

I dropped the partition, and used the tracks as hdc... I also rewrote
/etc/raidtab to call it md3 instead of md0 ... and now raidstart seems to
have succeeded...

I really don't understand what was going on... I went through multiple
reboots while trying to figure this out...

It MIGHT be significant that a rebuild on md1 kept getting triggered, it's
27 gig so it never got a chance to finish...

... Not sure what else I can say/provide...

-Tom