This is after I applied Alan's ac1.  Here are my add_partition lines in
genhd.c:

line 268
add_partition(hd, current_minor, this_sector+START_SECT(p)*sector_size,
NR_SECTS(p), ptype(p)*sector_size);

line 566
add_partition(hd, minor, first_sector+START_SECT(p)*sector_size,
NR_SECTS(p), ptype(p)*sector_size);

Is this correct?  It did compile, but I'm remote and don't want to
reboot until tomorrow morning.

Thanks
-jeremy

> Whoops... yes, I thought about this on the way home.  genhd.c must be fixed in
> two spots for add_partition calls.  Just stick a ,0 at the end of each.  I'm
> running it now and so far it seems just dandy.
>

> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, A James Lewis wrote:
> >
> >It appears to me that you must add the "ptype(p)" to add_partition in
> >genhd.c otherwise the kernel will not compile!
> >
> >But otherwise I agree....

> >> I wouldn't worry about it.  When you apply the patch there will be 4 rejects.
> >> One in mmap.c and three in genhd.c.  These can all safely be ignored.  If you
> >> look at the .rej files, you'll notice that all these rejects would have done
> >> is rearrange some code and maybe add some blank lines.
> >>

> >> --John Gruenenfelder
> >> Elrond, Duke of URL     http://www.azstarnet.com/~elrond
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> "This is the most fun I've had without being drenched in the blood
> >> of my enemies!"
> >>         --Sam of Sam & Max
> >>

> >James ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
> >Vortex Internet
> >My operating system unders~1 long filena~1, and yours?
> >

> --John Gruenenfelder
> Elrond, Duke of URL     http://www.azstarnet.com/~elrond
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "This is the most fun I've had without being drenched in the blood
> of my enemies!"
>         --Sam of Sam & Max

http://www.xxedgexx.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Y2K.  We're all gonna die.