Hello,

   Having lost a very important disk in the last 7 days, I decided that it
would be appropriate to configure the new web servers and db server for
linux.org with dual disks in a RAID-1 setup.  Can I get some feedback on the
following, including any hurdles in configuration, etc.

   /dev/sda1    16368    /boot
   /dev/sda2  8809472    /
   /dev/sda3    65536    <swap>

   /dev/sdb1    16368    /boot
   /dev/sdb2  8809472    /
   /dev/sdb3    65536    <swap>

   Combine /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 into /dev/md0 and combine /dev/sda2 with
/dev/sdb2 into /dev/md1.  LILO would have root=/dev/md1 for both kernel images
on the /boot partition.

   Will the new "AUTORAID" configurations handle this situation for a booting
kernel?  I LOATHE the idea of using initrd.

   I could resort to diskcopy but that's such a sleezy way of doing things.

   Thanks for your assistance,

   Michael McLagan
   Linux Online