Hi,

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:27:26 -0500 (EST), Laszlo Vecsey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Isnt there room in the raid header for an additional flag to mark the
> 'partition' type? I realize this might require a 'mkraid --upgrade' to be
> run, but at least the 'partitions' could then be detected and then I could
> root automount more cleanly for example..

That's not the point: we don't even _look_ for a raid superblock unless
the partition is marked for autostart.  There are related problems we need to
deal with regularly when building filesystems: what happens if you
reformat a raid disk as a single ext2fs filesystem?  The raid superblock
remains intact, but we do _not_ want to autostart it.

That's why it's best to leave things as they are: if a partition is not
recognisable as having a raid superblock, we don't autostart it.

--Stephen