"David Harris" wrote:
>Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>> the disks seem to be slow on their own
>> (hdparm says 1.36 MB/sec) and I expected some speedup when striped
>> (raid0). I got 2.8 MB/sec,
>
>You mention that you are trying to achieve a read speed boost from
>"striping", but then mentioned that you are running raid0. Your problem here
>might be that raid0 is not striping, but rather mirroring.

"And man goes on to prove that RAID0 is one, RAID1 is zero and
 gets run over at the next zebra crossing." - What DNA really meant

Perhaps check that you can get more than 2.8MB/sec across the bus when running the
discs as six/n separate devices simultaneously.

-michael
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous   http://goliath.mersinet.co.uk/~ishamael/
"This message was brought to you by three Linux boxen, 768Mb RAM, 59Gb