> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Bohumil Chalupa wrote:
>
> > IMHO there's no reason for using raid0 (striped) partition for swap.
> > If you use two swap partitions with equal priority, the kernel does
> > the striping automatically.
> >
> > Another reason why NOT to use ANY RAID device for swap is that
> > it may allocate some memory, that might not be available when
> > the need for swapping occurs.

Reasons TO USE RAID for swap - if the darn swap partition goes bad,
the kernel chokes. With a raid swap partition, a bad disk will not
bring down the system. Guess how I found out!!!

Am I missing something here??  The system in question had 2 swap
partitions, one got a bad spot on the disk and the whole system went
south.

 Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]