On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Steve Frampton wrote:

  On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Paul Jakma wrote:

  > Are there any RedHat install disks with support for the Mylex
  > DAC960 RAID card?

  Not to my knowledge.

drat..

  > I have a kernel compiled with the patches from www.dandelion.com
  > but now have to figure out an easy way of installing redhat.

  Well, what I did is to boot from a non-RAIDed drive (IDE or SCSI) and then
  use the array for /usr, /var, /home, /archive, etc.

don't really have a non-raid disk to spare. I'm already nicking
the hot spare from an NT box to make up the neccessary 3 disks
for raid5

  > How easy is it to make custom RedHat install disks? (bit OT i
  > know)

  Should be easy enough.  You can mount the /dev/fd0 to /mnt/floppy and
  you'll be able to just overwrite the existing kernel with the new one, put
  in an initrd if necessary, make changes to /mnt/floppy/etc/lilo.conf as
  necessary.  Problem is, I don't know how to 'LILO-ize' the boot floppy
  with the new kernel.  There is an option to lilo which will do this (-C I
  think) but...I haven't been successful.

no, the redhat boot disk is an msdos floppy with a special image
loader 'syslinux' and some other bits and bobs. i havn't yet been
able to compile a 2.2 kernel
small enough to fit.. :(

  If you can figure it out, let us know!

i'll send you an image. :)

regards,

--
Paul Jakma              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/jakma/publickey.txt

Avoid strange women and temporary variables.