What the hell are you folks talking about?  I hate to be annoying, but
Ingo Molnar works for Red Hat.  Stephen Tweedie works for Red Hat.  Both
are on this list and are heavily involved with RAID and RAID issues.  I'm
on this list (though I don't read it as much as I'd like to).

That said, the latest *stable* RAID tools as of the release of RH 5.2
are *in* RH 5.2.  No, there are no updates to them as some of the work
since then has broken backwards compatibility, etc.  The stuff that is
in 5.2 does work though it may not be as appealing as the newer stuff.
If you want the newer stuff, roll your own.  We can't update each and
every package in a distro umpteen times between releases.  If what we
ship in 5.2 is broken then we will try to fix it.  But AFAIK that stuff
is pretty stable.

Yes, newer stuff will be in our next release.  No, I can't say when that
is.  Maybe I missed the point of this discussion...if so, please clarify
for me.

--Donnie

--
   Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    [EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.