On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> unavoidable. Still waiting for someone with better documentation skills
> than mine to pick the maintainance of RAID-docs up :)

        I would be more than willing to do this, but I admittedly know
very little about linux-raid. I would be more than happy to co-operate in
some documentation efforts with some more knowledgeable raid people.

        Something else I would like to mention in terms of general Linux
documentation: quite a few docs I have read seem to be written for Linux
users with intermediate to high levels of skill. Unfortunately, this
apporach overlooks the group of people that mostly need the documentation
-> the novices. Clearly stating each step, and noting common
pitfalls/gotchas is easy, but is often overlooked . Most documenters
(IMO) are writing from the perspective of an intermediate to senior skill
level (ie: to them, some steps are 'simple' and to novices the same steps
are seemingly insurmountable).

        Chris